Distro ringan buatan dalam negeri sendiri :)
Singkong Linux is simple and traditional Linux distribution, based on Slackware. Singkong means cassava in English.I like cassava. Simple and delicious.
Some features of Singkong Linux 1.0
* Use Lightweight but modern desktop environment (Xfce)
* Comes with many applications:
o Office: Abiword (Word processor), Gnumeric (Spreadsheet) and orage (Calendar)
o Multimedia: MPlayer (support many codecs:), ffmpeg, many libraries.
o Graphics: GIMP image editor and GQview
o Tons of development tools including compilers/interpreters, libraries, toolkits, bindings, IDEs and kernel source. Examples are Ultimate++, Glade3, Qt, PHP (plus PHP-GTK+, postgresql,mysql,sqlite support), Python (and PyGtk, PyQt), Lua, wxWidgets, and many more.
o Network tools: Opera web browser, Sylpheed email client, gFTP, pidgin instant messenger, Xchat IRC and more. Also comes with Samba and Apache httpd.
o Various tools like Thunar file manager, Xfburn CD/DVD burner, xCHM CHM viewer, Xpdf PDF viewer, GNU Privacy Assistant, Xarchiver archive manager, Mousepad text editor and many more.
o Database: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Sqlite 2.x/3.x. Strange for desktop users, but developers might need them :)
o Wine for running Windows applications.
o Game: XMAME and BSD games.
* Some printers and scanners support. Also supports many hardwares.
* HAL support
* All comes in one 700 MB CDROM :)
Don't expect too much from Singkong Linux
* There is no fancy thing like desktop effect
* No such graphical-and-easy-to-use control panel
* Lack of popular application:
o OpenOffice.org (in extra)
o No Mozilla Firefox, no Mozilla Thunderbird
o No GNOME desktop, no KDE.
* There are bugs, should be. Please let me know :)
* Singkong Linux is traditional distribution. If it go too fancy, it might be bug :p