Sebagai pengganti COREL dan photoshop di linux. graphic editor keren :) multifungsi, selain bitmap juga bisa VECTOR bahkan 3D :D Xara dulunya komersial di windows, sekarang free dan opensource di Linux ;)
Xara Xtreme on Linux
Linux needs a top-tier commercial-standard graphics program. The Linux desktop has come on leaps and bounds in the last year or so but it still lacks a vector or general purpose graphics program that truly competes with the best programs for the Mac or Windows . We intend to change that.
Xara X has been a commercial shipping Windows product for 10 years (and non-Windows versions go back before that). It's a modern, object orientated design that's highly stable, and has gained hundreds of thousands of users. Our users and customers have produced artwork that is as impressive, if not more impressive, than that produced from any other vector graphics program
We're pleased to announce that the 0.7 stable version is now available. Most of the Xara Xtreme features now work on Linux and it's now a very powerful and usable drawing tool. These are just some of the many working features, give them a try:-
* Opens and renders all the XAR files we've tried. Rendering 100% complete. If you find a file that doesn't load and render correctly let us know please.
* Text now renders (note that text will only render exactly as intended by the designer if you have the required fonts installed on your system).
* Text tool includes new support for tabs and rulers
* Xtreme menus
* Selection tool
* Object delete cut/copy/paste/duplicate/clone using menus or Ctrl-X,C,V,D,K
* Drag objects around, plus scale, rotate, shear. Plus numeric control via Infobar
* Right click drop-copy while dragging
* Magnetic object snap. Grid snap and grid display.
* Zoom tool
* Push tool (middle mouse button also works to push the page around while in any tool)
* Group and ungroup (Ctrl-G, Ctrl-U)
* Undo/redo using toolbar, icons or Ctrl-Z / Y
* Shape editor for editing and creating shapes
* Pen bezier path tool
* Rectangle, Ellipse and QuickShape tools
* Arrange toolbar and menus - change the z-order of objects, slice/join/add/subtract shapes
* Interactive Feather tool with new popup slider added to wxWidgets
* Fill tool
* Transparency tool
* Blend tool
* Bevel tool
* Text tool, including ability to set the font
* Freehand tool (No brushes yet)
* Shadow tool
* Color line and full color editor
* JPG, GIF and PNG import and export
* Import/export of many ImageMagick supported types inclduing TIFF, BMP, PICT, XPM and others.
* Bitmap export dialog includes image previews
* Early version of SVG import (work in progress)
* Working Adobe Illustrator import (to same level as Windows Xtreme version)
* Drag and drop file import
* Layer, color, line and bitmap galleries
* A choice of document templates
* Status line and progress bar
* Many new menu items e.g. convert lines to shapes
* Tracer tool
* New plug-in system for import/export filters (documentation and example filter code for this will appear on our web site soon)
* Options dialog (and most options now operational)
* Printing. Click here for details.
* Profile editing in feather, fill, transparency and blend tools
* Full comprehensive Help now integrated.