slax SLAX, a popular live CD based on Slackware Linux, has been updated to version 5.0.8: "It's my pleasure to let you know that SLAX 5.0.8 has been released. All users are strongly encouraged to upgrade, because all new modules created from now are not readable in older SLAX releases. What's new? The long-awaited SLAX Server Edition is finally available; all other editions are updated too; 2.6.16 Linux kernel; fixed bug in mounting of DOS partitions (long file names work now); the 'uselivemod' and 'configsave' features work again."
v 5.0.8 Standard Edition (23th of March 2006)
- updated to Linux Kernel 2.6.16
- based on newest linux live scripts
- updated squashfs and unionfs kernel modules
- this fixes uselivemod and configsave/configrestore
- the rest remains the same, KDE 3.5.
- fixed bug in mounting of dos partitions (long filenames work now)
- slax now uses only 60% of RAM maximum for its filesystem - Slax Server Edition released, includes Apache 2, PHP 5, MySQL 5.