KOffice is an integrated office suite, today mostly for KDE, which utilizes free and open standards like OpenDocument for its document formats, component communication and component embedding.
This release includes:
* a frame-based, full-featured word processor (KWord);
* a spreadsheet application (KSpread);
* a presentation application (KPresenter);
* a flowchart application (Kivio);
* an integrated database application (Kexi);
* a new project management application (KPlato).
* a pixel based image editing and paint application (Krita);
* a vector-drawing application (Karbon14).
Additionally, KOffice includes robust embeddable objects:
* business quality reporting software (Kugar)
* full-featured charting engine (KChart)
* mathematical formula handling (KFormula)
as well as a built-in thesaurus (KThesaurus) and support for many different file formats.